Delicious honey roasted carrots are a great all year round dish. This rich taste of roasting combined with the sweetness of the honey melts in your mouth making this a simple yet special way of cooking your carrots.
Honey roasted carrots are very popular around Christmas and also Thanksgiving (in the US). We tend to put that extra bit of special effort on special occasions.
However,glazed carrots are so easy to do that you could experiment with the variations more often.
Quick Find Contents
How to Make Honey Roasted Carrots
6 Ingredients Honey Roasted Carrots Recipe
Tasty honey roasted carrots
- Cooking Oil of choice Make sure it has a smoke point of over 200C. If you are using olive oil use extra light as it has a higher smoke point
- 300 g Carrots
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 Pinch Salt or to taste
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper or to taste
- Parsley or thyme optional
Preheat your oven to 200C or Gas Mark 6 (Fan or Halogen 180C).
Prepare your carrots. Wash and check for blemishes.
Put your carrots on a baking tray with a cooking sheet and oil under them.
Cook the carrots for about 25 minutes.
Halfway through cooking shift your carrots about to make sure they are evenly cooked on all sides.
Now add your honey, salt and pepper over the carrots.
Cook for another 20-25 minutes. depending on your carrot size. Smaller carrots will cook quicker.
Toss your carrots and add some thyme or some parsley over them.
They are now ready to serve.
Note: Thick carrots are often recommended as they do not cook so quickly and are therefore less likely to burn. However, if you want them to cook faster get slimmer ones or slice them and cook for less time or add the honey later in the cooking timeline.
This recipe was adapted from Renee Nicholes Kitchen Recipe. I wanted something simpler to use as a base so I have reduced or changed some of the ingredients so you can adapt the recipe to suit your own needs if you want to.
This recipe was adapted from Renee Nicholes Kitchen Recipe.
I wanted something simpler to use as a base so I have reduced or changed some of the ingredients so you can adapt the recipe to suit your own needs if you want to.
8 Tasty Variations to Spice Up Your Honey Roasted Carrots
You can vary how you cook your honey roasted carrots to see what methods you prefer and what ingredients you prefer.
The basic recipe is whole carrots, honey seasoned with salt and pepper. It is included here for you. However, there are variations on the recipe that you might like to try.
- If you steam or lightly boil the carrots first it makes them softer.
- You can leave the honey until late in the cooking and just drizzle it onto the carrots for a very different taste and feel as the honey will not caramelize they way it would when cooked from the start.
- Or you can add the honey half way through the cooking process.
- You can slice your carrots rather than leaving them whole.
- You can change up the recipe ingredients and add, sesame or mustard change the honey type for a different taste etc.
- Add herbs like parsley, garlic or thyme etc.
- I like the idea of Genius Kitchen where they add different spices to add variety to the taste. Especially the fennel.
- Splash out on a posh recipe and add bourbon as they have in this honey roasted carrots recipe.